Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Wootton

Wootton lies four miles northwest of Abingdon. The parish (originally a chapelry of Cumnor) included the hamlet of Boarshill. The soil is sand, clay and limestone. See also Cumnor for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.53-55.


Acreage: 1564
Population 1801: 236
  1831: 340
  1861: 384

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 6

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Wootton (See Cumnor)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 26/05/2017.