Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Woolhampton

Woolhampton lies seven miles east of Newbury. It is on the main road from London to Bath and the River Kennet. The soil is alluvium and clay. Just over half the land was permanent grass, with small amounts of arable and woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.198-199.


Acreage: 719
Population 1801: 322
  1831: 364
  1861: 559

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 36, 44

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Woolhampton (1815 (Woolhampton, Brimpton, Aldermaston, Midgham)) - Ref: Q/RDC/9A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Woolhampton (1815 (Woolhampton, Brimpton, Aldermaston, Midgham)) - Ref: Q/RDC/9B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/09/2017.