The market town and ancient borough of New Windsor lies six miles from Maidenhead. The parish included the hamlet of Dedworth. It is on the River Thames and the main road to London. There was a weekly market, and three fairs annually.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.189-191.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 31, 32, 39, 40