Header Graphic

Place-name search - details


The village of Watchfield was a township in the parish of Shrivenham, lying four and a half miles from Faringdon, in north Berkshire. See Shrivenham for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.137-139.

Acreage: 1517
Population 1801: 305
  1831: 341
  1861: 431


OS Map Grid Ref(s): 12


Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Watchfield (See Shrivenham)


[ Back to parish list ]



This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 22/03/2018.