Wargrave lies seven miles east of Reading, in Windsor Forest. The parish included the hamlets of Crazies Hill and Upper Culham. It is bounded by the Rivers Loddon and Thames, and is on the main road from London to Bath and the road from Reading to Henley-upon-Thames, Oxfordshire. The soil is alluvium, chalk and clay. More than half the land was grass, with a small amount of woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.182-185.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 23, 30