Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Upton

The hamlet of Upton was a chapelry in Blewbury parish. The soil is chalk and sand. Nearly three quarters of the land was arable and one quarter permanent pasture, with one acre woodland. See also Blewbury for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.21-22.


Acreage: 1413
Population 1801: 217
  1831: 254
  1861: 306

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15, 21

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Upton (See Blewbury)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/07/2017.