Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Theale

The hamlet of Theale was in the parish of Tilehurst, four and a half miles west of Reading. It is on the road from Reading to Newbury, and the River Kennet forms the southern boundary. The soil is clay, chalk and alluvium. Just over half the land was permanent grass, the remainder arable. See also Tilehurst for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.166-167.


 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 36, 37

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Theale (See Tilehurst)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 18/11/2017.