Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Sunningwell

Sunningwell lies three miles north of Abingdon. The parish included the hamlet of Bayworth and part of the township of Kennington. It has a connecting road with the main road from Faringdon to Abingdon. The River Thames forms the eastern boundary. The soil is clay, sand and limestone. Nearly a quarter of the land was arable, with some woodland in the north.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.157-158.


Acreage: 1454
Population 1801: 197
  1831: 339
  1861: 364

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 6, 10

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Sunningwell (1723 Act) - Ref: No Award or Map [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 23/05/2017.