Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Stoke Poges

Stoke Poges was in Buckinghamshire, two miles from Slough. The parish included part of the town of Slough, the hamlets of Stoke Green, West End and Wexham Street, and the detached portion at Ditton. The soil is gravel. Over half the land was permanent grass, approximately one seventh arable and one tenth woodland.

Further reading
'Victoria County History: Buckinghamshire'.


Acreage: 3465
Population 1801: 741
  1831: 1252
  1861: 1600

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 32, B53

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Stoke Poges (1822 (Stoke Poges, Wexham, Ditton)) - Ref: IR/138C.Q [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Stoke Poges (1822 (Stoke Poges, Wexham, Ditton)) - Ref: IR/138C.Q [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 29/05/2017.