Steventon lies four and a half miles southwest of Abingdon, in the Vale of White Horse. It is on the main road from Southampton to Oxford, and the Berks and Wilts Canal ran through. The soil is clay. Two thirds of the land was arable, between a third and a quarter permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.147-148.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9, 10, 14, 15