The small village of Sotwell lies two miles north of Wallingford. The parish included the hamlet of Slade End. It is on the main road from Wallingford to Abingdon. The soil is sand and sandy loam. Approximately half the land was arable and a quarter grass.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.175-176.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 16