Shrivenham lies five and a half miles southwest of Faringdon, in the Vale of White Horse. The parish included the townships of Bourton, Fernham, Longcot, and Watchfield. It is on the main road from Swindon to Faringdon. The Berks and Wilts Canal passed through. The soil is fertile sand and stone-brash. More than half the land was permanent grass, approximately one third arable and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.137-139.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 12, 13