The scattered village of Padworth lies nine miles southwest of Reading. It is on the River Kennet, the Kennet and Avon Canal and the main road from London to Bath. Just over half the land was permanent grass, just over a quarter arable, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.113-114.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 36, 44