The village of Moulsford was a chapelry of Cholsey, lying three and a half miles south of Wallingford, on the Downs. It is on the River Thames, and the main road from Reading to Wallingford. The soil is chalk and loam. Just over two thirds of the land was arable, most of the rest being pasture, with a small amount of woodland. See also Cholsey for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.43-44.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 21, 22
Moulsford (See Cholsey)