Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Moreton, South

South Moreton lies four miles southwest of Wallingford. The parish included the hamlet of Fulscot. The soil was chalky rubble and gravel. Approximately half the land was arable, nearly a third pasture, and a small amount woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.110-111.


Acreage: 1350
Population 1801: 320
  1831: 410
  1861: 371

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15, 16

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Moreton, South (1820) - Ref: Q/RDC/40A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Moreton, South (1820) - Ref: Q/RDC/40B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/07/2017.