Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Milton

Milton lies three miles southwest of Abingdon, in north Berkshire. The parish included the hamlet of Milton Hill. It is on a road connecting with the main road from Newbury to Abingdon. The soil is strong clay and gravel. Half the land was arable, just under half permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.108-109.


Acreage: 1466
Population 1801: 310
  1831: 413
  1861: 429

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 10, 15

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Milton (1810) - Ref: CP43/909 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Milton (1810) - Ref: MR1/387 [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/07/2017.