The village of Leckhampstead was a chapelry of Chieveley, three miles north of Chieveley village and seven miles north of Newbury. The chapelry included the hamlets of Hill Green and Leckhampstead Thicket. It is on the road from Newbury to Wantage. There was a single proprietor. See also Chieveley for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.38-41.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 26
Leckhampstead (See Chieveley)