The village (formerly a market town) of Hinton Waldrist lies six miles east of Faringdon. The parish included the township of Duxford. It is on the River Thames. The soil is mixed, mainly sand, loam and clay. Half the land was permanent grass, two fifths arable and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.83-84.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 4, 5, 8, 9