North Hinksey lies half a mile west of Oxford and nearly six miles northwest of Abingdon. The parish included part of the small village of Botley. The River Thames forms the eastern boundary and a road connected with the main road from Oxford to Faringdon. The soil is stone-brash, clay, gravel, peat and loam. Approximately two thirds of the land was pasture and one third arable.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.53-55.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 2, 6
Hinksey, North (See Cumnor)