Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Hendred, West

West Hendred lies three and a half miles east of Wantage, between the Downs and the Vale of White Horse in north Berkshire. The soil is good chalk and loam. Nearly two thirds of the land was arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.81-82.


Acreage: 2007
Population 1801: 309
  1831: 335
  1861: 351

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 14, 20

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Hendred, West (See Ardington)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 21/09/2017.