Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Hanney, East

The village of East Hanney was a township in the parish of West Hanney, lying three and a half miles north of Wantage. The soil is very rich loam and clay. More than half the land was arable. See also West Hanney for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.77-78.


Acreage: 2120
Population 1801: 535
  1831: 631
  1861: 563

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9, 14

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Hanney, East (See Hanney, West)

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 18/11/2017.