Cumnor lies five miles northwest of Abingdon. The parish included the village and chapelry of Wootton, the hamlet of Boarshill and part of the small village of Botley. It is just off the main road from Faringdon to Oxford and the River Thames forms the western boundary. The soil is mainly clay, sand and limestone. Approximately one third was arable and just under one tenth woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.53-55.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 1, 2, 5, 6