The village of Charney Bassett was a chapelry in Longworth parish, three and a half miles south of Longworth, in north Berkshire. The soil is mixed but excellent quality. Half the land was arable, a quarter permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.103-105.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9
Charney Bassett (See Longworth)